How to Make a Beef Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Chopped Cheese Sandwiches Made The Dan-O’s Way
Chopped cheese sandwiches made the Dan-O’s way. A delicious sammy made with seasoned ground beef, melted American cheese, grilled onions, and fresh condiments. These only take about 20 minutes to make and the Dan-O’s Seasoning, of course, takes it to a new level.
Good Bread Is Key For a Good Chopped Cheese Sandwich
An important part of chopped cheese is finding good bread. The best bread we could find in our area was bolillo rolls from a local Hispanic grocery. Traditionally you would do this with a hoagie roll, but trust us on the bolillo. You also use another Hispanic/Spanish ingredient, Goya chicken bouillon. But we have room for 2 seasonings! A fat tablespoon of Dan-O’s in the beef with some sprinkled on the fresh tomatoes took it to the next level.
You can cook these inside the house, but outdoors on a griddle would also be a good move. Wrap sandwiches in foil and serve with chips. Also, should out to my buddy Duke Tyler of Merania in Louisville KY for making these and inviting me over. He thought Dan-O’s would go great in these and he was Dan right. Make this chopped cheese sandwich for yourself.
- Half a large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.25 lbs of ground beef 85/15 beef
- 1 pack of Goya chicken bouillon
- 1 ½ tbs spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning,
- Fresh lettuce
- Fresh tomatoes
- Hoagie rolls or bolillo bread
- Dice your onion and mince your garlic. Slice your tomato and cut up your lettuce and set to the side.
- Add onions to a skillet and cook with oil until they start to cook and turn translucent. Add in the garlic, and then mix in your ground beef, Goya, and a hearty 1+ tablespoon of Dan-O’s Seasoning. Allow your beef to cook until brown and drain out most of the grease. Melt on your slices of American cheese and turn off the heat.
- While your cheese melts, toast your bread in a pan or in the oven. Add butter or oil to the open side and allow to crisp up some. Remove from heat.
- Add your cheese-covered filling to the toasted bread and add your lettuce and mayonnaise. Sprinkle your tomato slices with Dan-O’s to top your sandwich with.
- Wrap sandwich in foil and allow to self-steam in the foil (no additional heat) for about 2 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy this beef chopped cheese sandwich!