A smashing appetizer
When the moon hits your eyes like a crispy pizza smashed potatoes, that’s amore! These crispy pizza smashed potatoes are a Dan-tastic appetizer for an italian dinner or for a party spread. You can whip these up in about 40 minutes, and they’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. Creamy potatoes with fresh mozzarella, mini pepperonis, and marinara give you one flavor packed pizza bite. The secret is the use of creamer potatoes, these are incredibly young and tender potatoes which makes them ideal for a single bite appetizer. Dan-O’s Cheesoning also delivers big on the flavor front by taking the signature Italian herbs and spices from the original Dan-O’s recipe and blending it together with farm fresh parmesan to create a taste of Italy with savory flair!
@danosseasoning Cheesy pizza smashed potatoes🔥 @Stella Drivas #cookathome #goodeats #easyrecipes #familyrecipe #pizzalover #valentinesday ♬ original sound - Dan-O’s Seasoning
- 2 lbs small creamer potatoes, washed
- 1 tbsp salt
- olive oil spray (or melted butter)
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 2 oz mini pepperonis
- Dan-O’s Cheesoning
- chili pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°F]
- Transfer your potatoes to a large pot and fill with water to just cover them. Boil the potatoes with 1 tbsp salt, until just fork tender – about 10-15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a flat surface to slightly cool.
- Take your potatoes and cut an X into the top of them and place on a baking tray.
- Cover the potatoes with a piece of wax paper, and smash them gently with the bottom of a glass until flat without breaking them.
- Spray them with olive oil, season with Dan-O’s Cheesoning to taste then brush them with the marinara sauce, and top with the mozzarella and mini pepperonis.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown on their edges.