How to Make Homemade Gnocchi
I didn’t know how easy making a creamy homemade gnocchi dish is! It only requires 3 simple ingredients that you probably already have. I will say it does take a little bit of time to make each piece of gnocchi with the little grooves, but it is definitely worth it! If you don’t have all that time, then don’t worry about adding the grooves. It will still taste just as delicious!
I paired this with a super simple sauce that is completely vegan but super creamy! Instead of using heavy cream or milk, I subbed that with some canned coconut milk! Don’t worry, no coconut flavor will peep through. All it does is create a thick creamy consistency!
- 3 medium-sized Yukon gold potatoes 500g
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp vegan parmesan grated
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Dan O’s original seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Start by boiling the potatoes for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Allow for the potatoes to cool then peel the skins off the potatoes. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a whisk. Make sure to get all large lumps out.
- Add the flour and salt to the potatoes and knead together with your hands.
- Split the dough into 4 equal portions. Take one portion and roll in out into a long log shape, about 1 inch thick. Cut the log into small portions (½” long). Dust the pieces with some flour.
- Get a fork and roll each individual piece down the for to get the groove texture. This step is optional if you are short on time.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi for 2-3 minutes or until they float.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Then add the coconut milk, vegan parmesan, black pepper, water, and Dan O’s seasoning. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the gnocchi and spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted.