Creamy Coleslaw Salad
With the warm weather brings BBQ, and that means you need some creamy coleslaw to go with it! Coleslaw like so many things varies from person to person, why this recipe may serve as the start for your coleslaw you will, envitebly, customize it to your liking. Wanna add some bacon? Why not! How about pickles? Nobody can stop you. Pineapple? Little weird but do you. Only you can decide what you want to add and do with your coleslaw! The term coleslaw came around in the 18th century from the Dutch term “koosla” which means “cabbage salad.”
The 1770 Dutch cookbook The Sensible Cook contains a recipe that came from the author’s landlady. The 1770 recipe who mixed thin strips of cabbage with melted butter, vinegar, and oil. The coleslaw that most know with mayo was invented sometime in the 18th century. All this said, coleslaw only has one consistent ingredient: raw cabbage. You can serve this coleslaw with something like our wagyu brisket, spicy sweet and sour pork tenderloin, or 3-2-1 ribs.
- 2 heads of cabbage, chopped
- 2 lbs pre-cut broccoli slaw
- 6 bell peppers, diced (2 red, 2 yellow, and 2 orange)
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 3.5 oz bottle of Dan-O’s Original
- 24 oz bottle of Marzetti’s slaw mix
- 2 English cucumbers, diced
- Chop cabbage, dice peppers, and add to a large bowl
- Add broccoli slaw, pepper, Dan-O’s, cucumbers, and Marzetti’s and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
How much seasoning do you add to this coleslaw recipe? The whole bottle?
Yeah, the whole bottle. This makes a catering sized thing of coleslaw, its for a large gathering.