Simple Yet Tasty Chuck Roast Recipe
This is the perfect home-cooked meal for the entire family. It’s a very simple chuck roast recipe that takes very little prep work to make.
Chuck Roast You Can Cut Through With a Fork
If you are looking for a recipe with a chuck roast that you can cut through with just a fork, this one is for you. In this recipe, Dan used a pressure cooker, but you could also make it with a slow cooker over a longer period of time.
Also, in this recipe, we use mushrooms, but you could substitute mushrooms for some carrots if you aren’t a fan of mushrooms. We love this recipe because there is very little prep work involved.
A Unique Gravy
One of the key ingredients to this recipe is Madeira wine. It offers a unique flavor to the gravy that you probably have never tasted before. While the roast is cooking, go ahead and roast some potatoes to bring the entire meal together. Try this meal out and tell us what you think. We’re confident that you are going to say it’s Dan-Good!
- 3 lb chuck roast
- ~2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1-½ cup of beef stock
- 1-½ cup of Madeira wine
- 1 cup of corn starch
- ¼ cup of water
- Put some spicy Dan-O’s on both sides of the chuck roast and sear it in a skillet with olive oil.
- Put the onion instant pot, add chuck roast and pour the juices from the pan on top.
- Add mushrooms and pour in beef stock and wine.
- Cook in an instant pot for an hour and a half.
- Remove the roast, mushrooms, and onion and set aside. Pour the stock into a saucepan, set on low heat.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and whisk. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce to make gravy.
- Now it’s time to make your plate. Place the roast and mushrooms on a plate and pour gravy over top of it. Serve it with some roasted potatoes and enjoy!