Smoked Chili Lime Wings in the limelight!
Put your dinner in the limelight with these smoked chili lime wings! Nothing like a chicken wing with a bit of heat to really start game day off right. Guajillo chili combines with Dan-O’s Chipotle for a smoky taste of the southwest with just the right amount of heat in every bite. The fresh lime gives a bright burst of flavor that helps balance the heat and savory notes of the Dan-O’s and chicken. Try these wings with some classic blue cheese or homemade Dan-O’s ranch! These are part of the perfect game day spread, so why not round out the experience with philly cheesesteak sliders, crescent jalapeno poppers, or mac & cheese bombs. You can always find more Dan-tastic game day recipes on our website.
How hot are smoked chili lime wings?
You may know that we rank heat on the Scoville scale. From 0 being no heat at all, all the way to 1,641,183. You can thank the Carolina reaper for that. Now Guajillo chilis rank in around 2,500 to 5,000. The most comparable pepper at that level is Jalapeno on the low end, and Hungarian on the higher. For a lot of people, this is the perfect level of heat. Just enough to give a kick but not hot enough to where you’ll be panting like a junkyard dog.
- Start off by boiling the guajillo chilis until soft
- Slice open the peppers and remove the seeds
- Scrape out the inside pulp and place in dehydrator along with cilantro and sliced limes
- Once the cilantro, limes, and chili pulp is dehydrated, blend each separately until a powder
- Combine into a small bowl with Dan-O’s Chipotle and completely coat raw chicken wings
- Place wings on a smoker at 300 F for 1 hour
- Remove when internal is 165 F
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!