This cheesy, bready loaf of goodness will make everyone at the table happy. This recipe is good alongside pasta dinners, with soup, for a party, or for your next tailgate. It’s the ultimate comfort food!
- 1 crusty loaf , preferably sourdough
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
- 100 g / 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Dan-O’s Original
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, Dan-O’s Original, garlic and salt in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Stir through parsley.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1″ diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread.
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don’t need to be super neat, it’s nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
- Brush surface with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle the surface with Dan-O’s Original.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 – 10 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
- Serve immediately.