TALK DAN-O'S TO ME
We all love a good casserole and this is one of the best I’ve had. Cheese, cream, Dan-O’s Seasoned chicken thighs, and everything nice! It’s also pretty easy to make and only uses a handful of simple ingredients. This Cheesy Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Bake recipe is perfect for leftovers, inexpensive, and feeds a whole family!
If you’re anything like me, you’ve had some kind of cheesy chicken and rice casserole in your life. But you can’t remember where. So I retraced my steps and used some things I remembered in my cooking endeavors to make this one. And I’m pretty sure I nailed it! I even figured out the finicky covering and uncovering to make sure you have the consistency of a casserole and that your rice is cooked through!
The key to this recipe is getting a nice sear on your chicken thighs before putting them in the pan. The pan drippings and frond will help flavor your cream, veggies, and ultimately your entire dish. Also, I highly recommend chicken thighs for this recipe because they will be much moister than your standard chicken breasts.
Serve your Cheesy Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Bake with bread and bring out the family or make room for seconds. Enjoy!
- 6 chicken thighs
- (1) 16 oz bottle of heavy whipping cream
- (1) small can chicken broth
- ½ small onion diced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
- (1) 8 oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- (1) 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start your chicken. Season each side of your chicken breasts with a heavy coating of spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning. Quickly pan sear your chicken in a hot pan on medium heat for about 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set to the side.
- In the pan you cooked your chicken in, add in your onion and garlic with a little oil. Cook on medium for around 4 minutes until onions turn translucent and soften. Add in your broth, cream and cheese. Mix together until cheese melts and sauce forms. Add in about a tbs of Dan-O’s to this mix.
- Rinse your rice and drain. Place rice in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle Dan-O’s Seasoning on top. Carefully pour your cheese, cream, and broth mixture over the rice. Pour your broccoli into the pan, and then place your chicken thighs over top.
- Cover your pan TIGHTLY with foil and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. After 50 minutes, remove the foil and cook uncovered for 15-20 more.
- Remove from oven. Carefully cover the pan back up with foil or lid and allow to “set” at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. Remove lid and let cool down for 5-10 mins.
- Serve and enjoy