TALK DAN-O'S TO ME
We all love a good casserole and this is one of the best I’ve had. Cheese, cream, Dan-O’s Seasoned chicken thighs, and everything nice! It’s also pretty easy to make and only uses a handful of simple ingredients. This Cheesy Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Bake recipe is perfect for leftovers, inexpensive, and feeds a whole family!
If you’re anything like me, you’ve had some kind of cheesy chicken and rice casserole in your life. But you can’t remember where. So I retraced my steps and used some things I remembered in my cooking endeavors to make this one. And I’m pretty sure I nailed it! I even figured out the finicky covering and uncovering to make sure you have the consistency of a casserole and that your rice is cooked through!
The key to this recipe is getting a nice sear on your chicken thighs before putting them in the pan. The pan drippings and frond will help flavor your cream, veggies, and ultimately your entire dish. Also, I highly recommend chicken thighs for this recipe because they will be much moister than your standard chicken breasts.
Serve your Cheesy Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Bake with bread and bring out the family or make room for seconds. Enjoy!
Looking for another chicken recipe to try? Be sure to check out our famous chicken thighs recipe.
- 6 chicken thighs
- (1) 16 oz bottle of heavy whipping cream
- (1) small can chicken broth
- ½ small onion diced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
- (1) 8 oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- (1) 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start your chicken. Season each side of your chicken breasts with a heavy coating of spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning. Quickly pan sear your chicken in a hot pan on medium heat for about 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set to the side.
- In the pan you cooked your chicken in, add in your onion and garlic with a little oil. Cook on medium for around 4 minutes until onions turn translucent and soften. Add in your broth, cream and cheese. Mix together until cheese melts and sauce forms. Add in about a tbs of Dan-O’s to this mix.
- Rinse your rice and drain. Place rice in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle Dan-O’s Seasoning on top. Carefully pour your cheese, cream, and broth mixture over the rice. Pour your broccoli into the pan, and then place your chicken thighs over top.
- Cover your pan TIGHTLY with foil and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. After 50 minutes, remove the foil and cook uncovered for 15-20 more.
- Remove from oven. Carefully cover the pan back up with foil or lid and allow to “set” at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. Remove lid and let cool down for 5-10 mins.
- Serve and enjoy