Perfect Cheesy Chicken Melt
If you’re a fan of grilled cheese, but you want to add in some protein and sauce then look no further than this cheesy chicken melt with guacamole sauce. Savory chicken with a blend of gooey cheese,fresh onion and bell pepper, and a creamy guacamole sauce give you Dan-O-Myte flavor in every bite. This dish gives you just the right amount of heat in every bite with a blend of Dan-O’s Chipotle, and Spicy. While it may sound hot, it’s the perfect heat level for most people. You can always substitute Dan-O’s Original, Cheesoning, or Crunchy even at your description. You can also play around with the veggies, and cheese if you’re up for it. We like using some smoked gouda with the swiss, and adding a little bit of pan fried mushrooms.
What type of sandwich is a cheesy chicken melt?
While you may think the cheesy chicken melt is a grilled cheese, or even a panini, we would classify it as a melt. If you look at our handy sandwich chart, you can see that for it to be grilled cheese it would exclusively have to use cheese. While a panini is different because it uses roll bread, and pretty much any filling before being cooked on a panini press. A melt is the perfect in between with the only real difference between it and a grilled cheese being the filling. In theory, it could also be called a toastie but that’s more a regional dialect difference from Great Britain. Like a toastie, you can make a melt with just about anything you desire, and then cook it like a standard grilled cheese. Toasties just can also be smashed during cooking, or even be sweet if one desired. Now you can confidently say that cheesy chicken melt is a melt, and not another type of sandwich!
- 4 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Dan-O’s Chipotle
- 1 white onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 thick slices of Sourdough bread
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 avocado
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dan-O’s Spicy
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Dice jalapenos and garlic and add all contents to a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Tenderize the chicken thighs with a mallet and coat with Dan-O’s Chipotle.
- Slice red pepper and onion
- Preheat the griddle to high heat and add oil.
- Grill peppers and onions until soft and chicken to 160F internal temperature
- Place all four bread slices on the griddle and top with American cheese
- When chicken is 160F internal, combine two thighs and top with peppers and onions. We’re making two sandwiches
- Top each with two slices of Swiss Cheese
- Once the chicken is done and cheese is melted, place on toasted bread
- Top with Guacamole sauce and other slices of bread.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!