Some Dan-Good beans! There is so much going on, from bacon, to beef, to diced jalapenos. These beans are super easy to make and can feed a small army. I made mine for the KY Derby, so you can call them Derby beans if you don’t like the word bussin’… but they would be great for any cookout or occasion!
So I went pretty big with this recipe, and came out with probably 20-25 servings worth. If you want to make them for a smaller crowd, well… get that calculator out :p These were Dan-O-Fide in several different ways. First, is Dan-O’s on the bacon… if you never tried this you’re missing out. Then Dan-O’s on the grilled veggies, ground beef, and finally in the beans themselves.
A lot of folks who make beans this way (with beef) will use bell peppers instead of jalapenos, but trust me on the jalapenos. They weren’t too hot at all and offer a nice touch.
Serve these baked beans with your favorite protein at your next cookout.
- (3) 28 oz cans of original Bush’s baked beans
- (2) 11 oz cans of pork and beans
- 8-10 strips of bacon
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 4 jalapenos
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Splash of bourbon
- Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Splash of Worcestershire
- ¾ cup sweet BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay your bacon strips out on a baking sheet and season them with Dan-O’s. Bake for 20-30 minutes until it starts to crisp up.
- While bacon cooks, dice your onion and jalapenos. Leave the seeds in 2 of the jalapenos for added heat (optional). Mince your garlic. Cook these veggies in a pan with oil for about 5 minutes until soft. Remove veggies from pan and set to side.
- In the pan you cooked your veggies in, season your ground beef and cook until browned. Drain grease.
- Add your beans to a large disposable pan. Mix in the veggies, beef, and all other ingredients. Remove bacon from oven once cooked and chop. Add the chopped bacon to the beans as your topping.
- Bake your beans uncovered at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- Give beans 20-25 minutes to “set” before serving.