Savory food fans, rejoice! This is the most savory thing I’ve ever made and it definitely hits if you’re in that kind of mood. I made this recipe with some leftover buffalo sauce and chicken from my buffalo chicken sliders recipe . I used a premade flatbread crust and had some leftover onion and bacon, so it worked perfectly!
Honestly, this dish could have used a bit more balance, but I’ll work on that next time around. I ended up using a little honey drizzle on my slices for that sweet component and topped one of the slices with shredded lettuce. I might update this recipe by adding a sweet or fresh component in the future, so keep an eye out!
As for the premade flatbread crusts, the ones I’ve used have just been okay. So if you have a favorite, give them a try I’ll try this again on the grill soon and report back, or will let you know if I find another brand. Hoping to get that “wood-fired” kind of taste and texture next time around!
Serve with celery and ranch or a salad.
- ½ lb shredded chicken
- 2 stips of chopped cooked bacon (optional)
- 1 premade flatbread crust
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley or cilantro
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- ¾ cup buffalo saice from buffalo chicken sliders recipe
- Clue cheese crumbles
- Red onion diced
- Butterfly and half a chicken breast. Season with spicy Dan-O’s on both sides and cook in a pan on medium heat until cooked through. Let cool down and then shred by hand or with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush your premade flatbread and apply a light coating of Dan-O’s Seasoning to the crust.
- Warm up your buffalo sauce in a saucepan and add in the shredded chicken. Mix together, then add the chicken and buffalo sauce mixture to the flatbread. Top with mozzarella, blue cheese, bacon and onion. Cook at 375 for about 12-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add fresh cilantro or parsley and slice. Drizzle with ranch dressing.