Cheeseburger in paradise. I don’t often use lame words like “sinful” in my recipes, but this one is definitely that. I made this around lunchtime and wanted a nap or a bloody mary after… Actually both! This breakfast burger recipe was actually easy and only used a handful of ingredients! It has the perfect level of cheese, richness, crunch, pork, seasoning… A little bourbon and a little sweet. Flavor overload!
The key here is getting some really big English buffins. If your local grocery doesn’t have them, try a local bakery. 80/20 will work just fine for the patty but mix in some pork if you’re feeling fancy. I thought about grilling some peppers and onions or adding some veggies, and there was definitely no need for it. This breakfast burger recipe is sinful, remember?
The key points of seasoning here are on the bacon and on the burger patty with a heavy coating of Dan-O’s Seasoning on each. It doesn’t take much bourbon, so don’t feel bad about using the good stuff! You can also do the bourbon maple butter glaze in the microwave if you want to save time and not dirty a pan.
Serve with nothing. Enjoy!
- ⅓ lb 80/20 beef per person
- Colby jack cheese
- 1 egg per burger
- Large English muffins
- Bacon (3 strips per person)
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your burger patty at about ⅓ lb each. Heavily coat each side with Dan-O’s Seasoning. Cook in a pan on medium heat until cooked to desired internal temperature.
- Add bacon to a plate and cover with paper towels. Microwave for about 1 minute per strip, adding time as needed. Carefully remove from microwave and transfer strips to a new plate covered in paper towels. Save grease.
- Place cut English muffin in the oven and brush the top with bacon. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Fry your egg. Clean your burger pan, and then add in 1 tbs bacon grease. Place pan on medium-low heat and crack an egg in the pan. Cook uncovered for about 30 seconds, then cover and cook for about 2 minutes then remove from heat. Let egg finish cooking for about 30 seconds in the pan covered, and then remove and set on a plate.
- Mix equal parts bourbon, butter, and maple syrup (about 1 tbsp each per person). In a microwave-safe dish, microwave in 20-second intervals and stir. Repeat until it starts to bubble up and caramelize.
- Build your burgers with patty, cheese, bacon, eggs, and maple bourbon butter glaze. Enjoy!