A burger you could find a fancy restaurant, or make at home for less and impress anyone! This thing has it all! A beautifully toasted brioche bun, a waygu patty, bacon, bree, blueberry compote, honey bourbon balsamic onions, and Arugula. Also, that Dan-Good flavor! You hungry yet?!
So for the burger, I planned on using some good grass fed beef, but the waygu popped up at my grocery. It wasn’t that expensive and no it’s not the Japanese stuff, but you could definitely tell it was a better beef. I’d say use grass fed or something “better”, but honestly just use whatever is accessible to you! It will still be delicious, promise!
The blueberry compote is VERY simple. You can do this with fresh or frozen blueberries. All you really need on top of those are sugar and lemon juice. Some folks add other stuff, but for this burger, you can use the simple stuff. Take it off the heat in the end to firm up. Save the rest for pancakes, ice cream, or something sweet!
Now for the onions. This is onion heaven. I’ve had balsamic onions before, but I was excitementing when I came up with these. They’ll add some sweet, funky, strong, salty flavor that will compliment everything on this dish, especially the cheese and sweet compote.
And that’s all there really is to it! These are great for a date night or impressing family. Serve with fancy homemade fries or a salad. Enjoy!
- 6 strips Bacon
- 1 lb Ground beef (waygu if available)
- Brioche buns
- Red onion slices
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 1-pint blueberry
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Start your onions. Preheat onion to 400 degrees. Cut the ends off your onion and peel. Cut about 6 slices across your onion and set to side. In a Pyrex dish, add your olive oil, balsamic, bourbon, and honey. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and Dan-O’s and mix together. Lay onions in mixture and cover dish with foil. Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and finish cooking for 15 minutes.
- Make burger patties. Form 1/3 lb Patties and season each side with Dan-O’s Seasoning. Set to the side. Preheat your grill to 450 degrees.
- Start your blueberry compote. In a saucepan, add your blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Cook on medium-low until blueberries break down and form paste, stirring occasionally. Turn all the way to low, stirring occasionally.
- Cook your burger and bacon. Cook burger to desired internal temperature over charcoal. Add bacon to a plate, season with Dan-O’s and microwave until done. (Or cook on the grill or in oven). Microwave is fastest and works. Toast your buns.
- Build burger with a smear of mayo, patty, about 1 oz of Bree, bacon, 1 slice of onion, about 2 oz of blueberry compote, and top with Arugula.