Cheap and Easy Blue Collar Belly Warmer
Get ready to eat your fill with this blue collar belly warmer! This is a classic casserole that is easy to throw together, and sure to keep ya full after a long day’s work. It’s a simple twist on something like shepard’s pie with creamy mushroom soup, and flaky biscuits. It’s the ultimate comfort food, and your family is bound to ask for it time and time again. This is what we like to call a pantry staple because most of the ingredients are ingredients you keep in pantry naturally! If you want spruce up this classic try replacing the premade mashed taters with Dan-O’s cheesy mashed potatoes, or smashed & mashed potatoes.
You can also replace the ground beef with ground lamb, turkey, or bison! Each adds their own unique savory flavors to the blue collar belly warmer’s profile. We personally enjoy it with lamb and the cheesy mashed potatoes for a meal that tastes Dan-O-Myte and will leave you stuffed but still wanting seconds. You can swap Dan-O’s Original for Spicy, or Chipotle if you want a little heat or a smoky taste of the midwest. Feel free to exerpiement with ingredients in this blue collar belly warmer to really make it your own!
- 24 oz premade mashed potatoes
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1 can beefy mushroom soup
- 15 oz canned corn
- 15 oz canned peas
- 5 ct / 6 oz of canned biscuits
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Dan-O’s Original
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and remove grease
- Once beef is brown, add beefy mushroom soup, stir and remove from heat
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with mashed potatoes
- Add ground beef on top of potatoes and add a sprinkle of Dano-O’s
- Then layer with corn, peas, biscuits, and cheese.
- Note: Cut each biscuit into fourths while leaving about an inch distance between each biscuit
- Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, enjoy!
Love this this is a staple at our house now!