We added this recipe because it was Dan-Epic. And even if you don’t plan on making a burger this big, you could copy the technique and make a smaller version yourself! All you need is a meat grinder, or you can ask your local butcher to grind up a brisket and some hanger steaks for you. Then all you need is that Dan-Good flavor!
This burger was cooked in honor of the 2021 Dan-O’s Seasoning Cornhole Classic, where we brought in our sponsored professional cornhole star, Big Time Bob. A big time cornhole player calls for a big burger, right?! There were some mishaps in the making of the burger, as you can see in the video. But it was incredible anyhow! The steps below will help you determine how to make this the correct way, and the video might clue you in on what not to do as well. 🤠
Serve your Big Time Burger with your favorite cookout food and sides of choice. Enjoy!
- 8 lb brisket flat
- 2 lbs hanger steaks
- Giant hamburger bun
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Burger toppings of choice
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Trim your brisket and steaks. Add a generous amount of Dan-O’s Seasoning and add to a meat grinder. Form your giant burger patty in a round baking pan to make things easier.
- While your burger cooks, cut all your veggies and prepare your burger fixins.
- Cook at 325 until reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, carefully flipping halfway. Add cheese during last few minutes.
- Carefully remove burger patty and set to the side to rest. Add to bottom bun, and build burger to your liking.
- Cut in slices and serve. Enjoy!