This Toothpick Tuesday, we’re whipping up some Dan Good Philly cheesesteaks on the cast-iron griddle. These are made with fresh peppers and onions, and seasoned with the best seasoning on the market, Dan-O’s! This is also one of the best, easiest Philly cheesesteak recipes you can find!
If you do not have a griddle for your grill, an indoor griddle will certainly work. And if you don’t have one of those, a pan will do just fine. If you are not able to find shaved beef, ask your butcher what they can come up with for you. You might even end up with some high-quality shaved sirloin to make your sandwich even better!
While Philly cheesesteaks are a thing of culinary excellence, the founding fathers who created them would have flipped their lid over Dan-O’s Seasoning. I mean, we take care of the natural sea salt, and fresh herbs and spices to take your food to the next level. They would have been into that.
So now, you can make Philly cheesesteaks at home! You can customize them by adding hot peppers, mayo, or mushrooms. This is your time and your sandwich. Just don’t forget the Dan-O’s!
- 1 lb of shaved beef
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices of aged white American cheddar
- 1 banana pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium white onion
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- De-seed peppers and dice them up. Dice up your onion, and dice shaved beef into smaller pieces.
- Toss veggies in olive oil, and coat with spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning.
- Cook veggies on oiled, preheated griddle until they start to soften up but before they get mushy. Flip peppers and onions and occasionally mix together to cook evenly. Remove from heat.
- Add meat to the heated cast-iron griddle, and cook until no longer pink.
- Toast your buns on the grill or griddle for a few minutes until they have a light toasting.
- Mix cooked veggies and cooked steak together on the griddle and separate into sandwich-sized portions.
- Add 1 slice of each cheese over top of your portions and cook for about a minute until melted.
- Add potions to your toasted buns and let cool down before eating. Enjoy!