Here’s another Dan-O’s blackening seasoning recipe. Like we’ve mentioned before, Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning has a lot of that good stuff that’s in those creole seasonings that many folks use to blacken their food. The main difference is, Dan-O’s is all-natural and low sodium! With that, we’re making BBQ black & blue burgers with bacon and crispy fried onions for your mouth.
So how do you blacken a burger? Traditionally, blackening your food consists of dipping it in melted butter and then giving a heavy coating of blackening seasoning. So that’s what we’re doing! The melted butter will add an extra layer of richness and will baste your burgers while cooking. It also helps the seasoning stick to the patty. And who doesn’t love the taste of butter or Dan-O’s?
You have a few time savers in this recipe. The first is Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning since you’re not spending a bunch of time mixing together seasonings. The second is canned crispy fried onions. Onion rings are awesome for these types of burgers but ain’t nobody got time for that. And finally, you know Sweet Baby Rays will do the trick and bring a nice sweetness to pull this thing together!
With all these ingredients together, you’ll have a sweet, BBQey, savory, funky burger with bacon on top.. And some nice crispy onions that absorb burger grease and BBQ sauce wonderfully. Add the best seasoning known to man… and you got a Dan-Good burger.
- 8-12 slices of bacon
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- Half a stick of butter
- Spicy Dan-O’s seasoning
- Crispy fried onions (canned)
- BBQ sauce
- Choice of buns
- Build your patties (roughly ⅓ to 1/2 a lb each). Set to the side
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees for bacon. Then add bacon to baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes
- Melt half a stick of butter in the microwave into small bowl
- Dip patties individually into melted butter. Add heavy coating of spicy Dan-O’s to both sides before they cool down. Repeat with remaining patties
- Grill burgers to desired internal temperature timing with your bacon being finished
- Remove bacon and patties from heat to cool down.
- Assemble your burgers with BBQ sauce, onions, bacon, and blue cheese.