How to Make Baked Spaghetti
Tired of the same old spaghetti? How about a yummy Dan-O’s style baked spaghetti instead? You get some of your favorite ingredients from spaghetti and then some, all wrapped up in one Dan-good casserole.
The Best Part of Baked Spaghetti
My favorite part of this baked spaghetti is the tasty layer of cheese. It’s like if spaghetti meets lasagna. The flavor is amazing and it’s so filling too.
One Dantastic Bite
The next best thing is the crispy top layer. When it’s baked just right you get a perfect browned top layer that just adds the perfect level of consistency. What’s really mind-blowing is if you can get everything in one bite: the crispy top layer with some caramelized cheese, the noodles, the sauce, the ground beef, and the cheesy middle layer. That’s one Dantastic bite.
- 1 lb (16 oz) box of spaghetti noodles
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ tsp of minced garlic
- 1 lb of ground beef
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce
- 24 oz of cottage cheese
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 2-3 cups of mozzarella
- ¼ cup of butter (sliced into 6 individual slices)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 14 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pot of salted water, cook noodles for 6-7 minutes only. Strain and toss with one jar of sauce. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and saute onions and peppers until tender then add garlic, danos and the ground beef. Break into small pieces and brown and add a can of tomatoes.
- Stir and use liquid to deglaze bottom of the pan. Add a second jar of sauce. and set aside.
- Add in a bowl: Cottage cheese,cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, and danos. Now you are ready to build.
- In a 9×13 pan add pats of butter. Top with 1/2 of the spaghetti. Spread to make a solid layer. Add the cheese filling evenly. Top with remaining spaghetti and meat sauce mixture. Cover with 1-2 cups of mozzarella and bake uncovered until golden brown for about 35-45 minutes. Let it set 10 minutes before serving.