That’s right! Bacon Rueben Smash Burgers, made with corned beef brisket & bacon, with homemade thousand island dressing. That’s the Goodens Gettins! This particular burger does require a meat grinder (or a cool butcher), but even if you don’t plan on making, it’s fun to follow along!
Okay, so if you can’t get the corned beef and bacon grounded up like Dan, you can at least try this with ground beef! We promise it will still be Dan-Good. If you have a local butcher, there’s a good chance they will grind this and package it for you, though!
Serve Bacon Reuben Smash Burgers with fries or side of choice. Enjoy!
- Meat grinder
- 4 lb corned beef brisket (cubed),
- 1 lb bacon,
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning,
- Original Dan-O’s Seasoning,
- 1 bag sauerkraut drained,
- Baby swiss cheese slices,
- Sourdough buns,
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp dill relish,
- 1 tbsp diced pickled jalapeno,
- ¼ cup mayo,
- 1 tbsp ketchup,
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice,
- 1 tbsp Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Chop up bacon and cube your brisket. Season heavily with spicy Dan-O’s before going into the meat grinder. Grind up meat and place in bowl.
- Make your dressing by mixing all dressing ingredients together. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Form your brisket and bacon mixture into ⅓ lb balls. Heat up your flattop to medium-high. Smash burgers onto the flattop and add more Dan-O’s Seasoning. Place buns on the flat top to toast, and add on your drained sauerkraut to warm it up.
- Cook burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees, melting on cheese slices during last few minutes. Remove from griddle.
- Build burgers with thousand island dressing, a burger patty, and some sauerkraut. Enjoy!