Mouth watering creamy mushrooms
These Creamy Airfryer Mushrooms are creminial underrated! Not only are they fast and easy to make but they’re so dan delicious you can’t help but want another. These make for a great appetizer for a dinner party or game night, or you can scale them up with a larger mushroom cap to make them an entree that’s guaranteed to be a hit.
Taste the Mayo difference
A large part of what makes this recipe so unique is the use of Japanese Mayo vs American. The key differences between Japanese Mayo and American Mayo is that Japanese Mayo only uses the egg yolk and rice vinegar vs the whole egg and distilled white vinegar. The result is a much thicker and creamier mayo with a rich egg flavor that compliments the earthy meaty taste of the mushrooms.
Which mushroom for me?
While most commonly found edible mushrooms would work well with this recipe, we’re recommending Portebello for this recipe. The nice thing about portobellos is that they come in a variety of sizes allowing you to decide if you want finger food or a fork and knife sized entree. Either way, you’re sure to enjoy these creamy airfryer mushrooms!
- 12 Mushroom remove the stems
- 5 tbsp Japanese mayo
- 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zeste optional
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of original Dan O’s seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp of Dan O’s spicy seasoning
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mix Japanese Mayo, Lemon Juice, some lemon zest, spices , and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add the creamy mixture in the mushroom. Sprinkle cheese on each mushroom.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer to prevent the mushroom from sticking
- Air fry the mushroom at 400F for 5 Minutes