Dan-O-Myte Air Fried Zucchini Fries
We’ve done a few versions of zucchini fries, but this is the first one in an air fryer. In this Air Fried Zucchini Fries recipe, Andrew creates a crispy breading made from Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning, Flour, Eggs, and Panko Bread Crumbs. Then, he serves them up with some marinara sauce.
We have talked a few times about the various benefits of cooking in an air fryer but for this zucchini fries recipe, it really might be the best way to make them. It’s hard to get the breading to stick properly if you decide to deep fry them.
One Pro-Tip To Get The Breading To Stick
One pro-tip to help get the breading to stick is to freeze for about 30 to 45 minutes. This adds a little amount of time to the prep, but it is well worth it. This allows the breading to actually freeze and adhere really well to the zucchini.
The Healthier Alternative
Once you pull that zucchini out of the air fryer though, you’ll immediately realize everything you’ve been missing. These are a much healthier alternative to starchy, high-carb potatoes, but with all of your Dan-O-Myte flavor.
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 cups of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- Marinara sauce
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Place the sliced zucchini fries onto a plate.
- Place flour into a bowl and beaten eggs in another bowl. Combine bread crumbs and a Dan-O’s Seasoning of your choice into a third bowl.
- Dip fries in the flour, then shake off any excess, and then dip in the eggs. Then coat in bread crumb mixture and return to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini. Place in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once the breadcrumb coating has hardened, place the air fryer basket in the pot and cook at 355˚F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dip in your favorite marinara sauce and enjoy!