How to Make Air Fried Wings with Dan-O’s Style Angry Sauce
Everyone loves chicken wings. They are great for parties, tailgates, and even a meal for the whole family. This air fried wings recipe adds a special Asian inspired twist on them while also adding a sauce that really brings the heat.
The Benefits of Air Fried Wings
Air fryers are great because they allow you to still get that crispy chicken without having to use as much oil. Air Fried Wings are a much healthier alternative to your typical deep fried wings. You don’t have to cover them in oily grease in order to get crispy chicken wings.
Air fryers are also far less messy and you don’t have to worry about potentially burning yourself on some hot grease from the deep fryer.
Asian Inspired Air Fried Wings Sauce
In this recipe, our “Angry Sauce” took a little bit of inspiration from Asian cuisine. We combined popular ingredients used in many Asian recipes such as sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and honey.
- 2-3 lb of chicken wings
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ½ tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl drizzle wings with canola oil and Dan-O’s then mix. Add to the air fryer in a single layer and do not let them touch.
- Cook for 10 minutes then flip them and cook for another 8 minutes until golden brown.
- In a large bowl add remaining ingredients and mix together. Taste and adjust Dan-O’s seasoning or honey.
- Once wings are done, toss and serve.