Who doesn’t love a taco dip? This 7-layer black bean taco dip is basically a really good bean dip loaded up with all the taco fixins’ and Dan-O’s Seasoning. I’m serious, you could eat the beans alone and be happy! This recipe is also perfect for any game day, gathering, or family and friends night.
This is one of those recipes where you can add or subtract things based on your preferences. I like a meat-free taco dip, but some other folks like to use ground beef. If you plan on having leftovers, I do recommend adding the lettuce each time you make a serving instead of using it on the full dish. The same goes for guac, which you can use for the “green component” instead of lettuce.
The seasoning for this recipe is a simple mix of Spicy Dan-O’s seasoning and chili powder. Most taco dip recipes will call for store-bought taco seasoning in a pouch, but this combination puts any of those taco seasonings to shame.
I’ve found a pie plate is perfect for this size recipe, but any ole glass serving dish will do. If you have a deeper dish, get fancy, and let the red white and green colors shine! If you do plan to go much bigger, though, you might want to consider doubling the recipe.
Serve this 7-layer black bean taco dip refrigerated or at room temperature with chips. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you should also try our delicious chipotle chicken quesadillas.
- 1 (20 oz) can of refried black beans
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Large handful of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 jar of chunky salsa drained
- 1 jar of black olives
- 1 bunch of green onion, chopped
- 3 tbs Dan-O’s seasoning
- 3 tbs Chili powder
- In a microwave-safe dish, heat your black beans for about 3 mins until warm. Remove from microwave and add 5 oz cream cheese (little more than half a block) and 1/2 cup sour cream. Add 3 tbs each of Dan-O’s and chili powder. Mix well.
- Add your beans to the bottom of your dish and spread evenly.
- Whip and slightly warm up your sour cream, making it creamier. Spread about 1/2 cup sour cream over beans for layer #2.
- Drain a jar of chunky salsa and spread over sour cream making layer #3
- Add your lettuce over top of the salsa, and then sprinkle yellow cheese over top for layers #4 and #5.
- Drain a can of olives and dice up a green onion for layers #6 and #7. Add as much as you prefer of each!
- Serve with chips in individual plates or bowls. Enjoy!