These might be the spiciest fried pickles in the world! These were made using the 100x heat level habagardils from our friends at Pop’s Pepper Patch, and truly bring the heat! With the leftovers, you can even do a “1 pickle challenge” with your friends!
As for cooking these bad boys, you really make them like you would any fried pickle. But, you want to be mindful of touching your face, and be careful when frying because they do let off some spice as they cook! We whipped these up via a standard “chicken fry” batter for perfect crispiness.
These pickles might have lost a little heat in the frying process, but they were still really spicy, and Dan-Good too! Serve your 6,000,000 Scoville Unit Fried Pickles with ranch and eat with caution!
- Preheat 3 inches cooking oil to 325 degrees in a pot or pan.
- Pick out the biggest, best-looking pickles out of the jar and lay them out on a paper-towel-lined plate. Lay another paper towel over top to remove some of the excess moisture.
- In one bowl, mix your buttermilk and egg with a few pops of spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning. In another bowl, add some spicy Dan-O’s in your flour to make a seasoned flour.
- Dredge pickles in flour, place in egg wash, and then coat in flour again until all pickles are coated. Place coated pickles back on the plate and bring to the fryer.
- Fry your pickles until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Carefully remove from oil and place on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Once cooled down, add some Dan-O’s to your ranch for dipping the pickles and enjoy.