These smashed potatoes are so easy! There are just 3 ingredients and require very little effort. They’re a little crispy, a little mashed, and flavor-packed. You can also use bacon fat or butter when you bake these to add more flavor! They’re perfect for a last-minute side, a snack, or an appetizer for game day.
The potatoes you pick are what make this dish. Petite gold or petite white potatoes are the way to go. You can also do fingerling potatoes. Simply boil them until soft. Mash, coat with Dan-O’s and parmesan cheese, and then bake! Eat with sour cream, hot sauce, or your favorite dips. Heck, they’re even good on their own!
Serve with your favorite proteins or eat as a snack. Enjoy!
- Petite gold or white potatoes
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Oil of your choice (ideally butter or bacon fat)
- Boil water. Add your potatoes to boiling water with a dash of salt and boil for about 15-20 minutes until softened.
- While potatoes are boiling, preheat your oven to 375. Grease up a baking sheet with butter or bacon fat.
- Add potatoes to baking sheet and smash them flat with a fork or spoon. Season with Dan-O’s and then add a large sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese melts and starts to brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a plate. Let cool down for 5 minutes before eating.